Granny squares crochet cushion cover
For some months now I have been working on this granny square cushion cover. As I am new to crochet (and I hold my crochet hook wrong) I am quite slow. I almost thought I was never going to finish it. However, I set myself a new years plan to finish every project I had started in 2010 before making anything new. This spurred me on to finish this cushion cover.
I am really pleased with the finished product. I also learnt a lot while making it.
Once I had finished crocheting the squares and had worked out how to attach them together I was then faced with the problem, how to attach the finished crochet to a cushion cover? I used some nice duck egg blue cotton to make up the basic cover and even leant how to sew in a zip. I don’t think it is the neatest job but I think it’s OK for my first attempt.
Looking back I made the mistake of partly sewing the crochet to one piece of cushion cover before actually making up the cover. I found the crochet got in the way of doing the zip and sewing the seams. If I were to do this again I would make up the cover in cotton first, including the zip, then hand sew the crochet to it at the end.
Doing crafts is all about trying new things and learning by your mistakes so I think this was a successful project. I am really happy with the finished cushion and think it looks great in our living room. I can’t wait to start something new now…